[ACTIVITY] 10-13 July 2017
Christophe Lyon
2017-07-17 07:48:37 UTC
* Short week (Friday off)

== Progress ==
* Infrastructure/validation:

* Benchmarking:
- production scripts are now up-to-date, still observing noise on
some benchmarks
- fixed a couple of small issues with the scripts

* GCC upstream validation:
- working on further reducing noise ("random" pass/failures)
- reported/fixed a few regressions
- committed testsuite patch with de-require-stack-check
- looking at a problem with unaligned accesses

* misc (conf-calls, meetings, emails, ....)
Maxim Kuvyrkov
2017-07-17 09:08:50 UTC
Post by Christophe Lyon
* Short week (Friday off)
== Progress ==
- production scripts are now up-to-date, still observing noise on
some benchmarks
I've investigate noise in 401.bzip2 (6%) and 436.cactusADM (10%). In both cases the extra cycle counts were on memory instructions, which suggests different memory or cache layout.

One of the things we can try is to reboot boards before high-accuracy runs to, hopefully, get roughly the same physical addresses from the kernel.

We also should try adding cache-misses counters to perf sampling to confirm/deny our assumptions about memory subsystem.
--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
www.linaro.org