Support for ARM v8.2
Vitali Sokhin
2016-03-24 13:14:54 UTC
Hi all,

Is there a roadmap for adding support for ARMv8.2 ? Specifically for
assembler to support new instructions and SPRs?

Thank you,
Vitali
Christophe Lyon
2016-03-24 13:20:46 UTC
Post by Vitali Sokhin
Hi all,
Is there a roadmap for adding support for ARMv8.2 ? Specifically for
assembler to support new instructions and SPRs?
Hello,

We do plan to backport ARMv8.2 support in our toolchains as soon as it is
available upstream.

Some support is already present in the binutils, but patches for GCC are
not ready yet.

Thanks,

Christophe.
Post by Vitali Sokhin
Thank you,
Vitali
Ramana Radhakrishnan
2016-03-31 13:36:01 UTC
Post by Vitali Sokhin
Hi all,
Is there a roadmap for adding support for ARMv8.2 ? Specifically for assembler to support new instructions and SPRs?
FSF binutils-2.26 has aarch64 support for v8.2.
FSF binutils trunk (or what will be FSF binutils-2.27) will have aarch32 support for v8.2
GCC support is currently being worked on and will in all likelihood be ready for FSF GCC 7.X

regards
Ramana