A stable version of gcc-linaro-xxx-arm-linux-gnueabi ...
darklight wu
2016-08-08 07:22:18 UTC
Hello linaro experts!

I'm using the stable version(gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11) recommended on
https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain. I downloaded the
binary fromhttps://releases.linaro.org/14.11/components/toolchain/binaries/arm-linux-gnueabi/gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabi.tar.xz.
But I found there is no libstdc++.so.6. Is that library missing in
that version?

What I need is just a tested stable version for an industry iot
project and the stability is the most important thing. And due to app
back-compatibility, I can not use hardware-float feature. So any
recommendation for a tested stable version of
_gcc-linaro-xxx-arm-linux-gnueabi_ toolchain?

Thanks!
dlw
Victor Chong
2016-08-08 08:03:39 UTC
Seems like it IS missing in that version.

http://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/4.9-2016.02/arm-linux-gnueabi/gcc-linaro-4.9-2016.02-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabi.tar.xz
find . -name libstdc++.so.6
./arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libstdc++.so.6
./arm-linux-gnueabi/libc/lib/libstdc++.so.6

16.02 is as well tested as 14.11, if not better.
Maxim Kuvyrkov
2016-08-08 10:58:58 UTC
https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain is horribly, HORRIBLY, out-dated.

DLW,

See the bottom of this page [*] for the up-to-date releases of Linaro toolchains.

[*] http://www.linaro.org/downloads/

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
www.linaro.org