502 connecting to abe.tcwglab.linaro.org
Christopher Covington
2015-04-21 22:23:44 UTC

We've had trouble using ABE recently.

abe$ ./abe.sh --target aarch64-linux-gnu
NOTE: Downloading md5sums to abe/snapshots
RUN: /usr/bin/wget --timeout=10 --tries=2 --directory-prefix=abe/snapshots/ http://abe.tcwglab.linaro.org/snapshots/md5sums
--2015-04-21 16:02:33-- http://abe.tcwglab.linaro.org/snapshots/md5sums
Resolving abe.tcwglab.linaro.org (abe.tcwglab.linaro.org)... 81.128.185.43
Connecting to abe.tcwglab.linaro.org (abe.tcwglab.linaro.org)|81.128.185.43|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 502 cannotconnect
2015-04-21 16:02:42 ERROR 502: cannotconnect.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project
Rob Savoye
2015-04-21 22:40:15 UTC
Post by Christopher Covington
abe$ ./abe.sh --target aarch64-linux-gnu
NOTE: Downloading md5sums to abe/snapshots
RUN: /usr/bin/wget --timeout=10 --tries=2 --directory-prefix=abe/snapshots/ http://abe.tcwglab.linaro.org/snapshots/md5sums
We're having a major security related issue, so the entire TCWG lab
got taken offline yesterday till this is fixed and more secured. No idea
what the ETA is for all of that. ABE will work regardless other than
some warning messages about not being able to download the md5sums file,
or anything under 'infrastructure'. Most of what ABE needs is at
git.linaro.org, and that's still online. The only files ABE downloads
from abe.tcwglab.linaro.org are source tarballs, which don't change very
often. As long as you have them already downloaded, you can build a
toolchain still. I work offline pretty frequently, so have tried to make
ABE work without the upstream access to anything.

Try adding '--disable update' to your command line for abe.sh, and
it'll stop trying.

- rob -
Tim Entinger
2015-05-05 12:44:44 UTC
Post by Rob Savoye
We're having a major security related issue, so the entire TCWG lab
got taken offline yesterday till this is fixed and more secured. No idea
what the ETA is for all of that. ABE will work regardless other than
some warning messages about not being able to download the md5sums file,
or anything under 'infrastructure'. Most of what ABE needs is at
git.linaro.org, and that's still online. The only files ABE downloads
from abe.tcwglab.linaro.org are source tarballs, which don't change very
often. As long as you have them already downloaded, you can build a
toolchain still. I work offline pretty frequently, so have tried to make
ABE work without the upstream access to anything.
Try adding '--disable update' to your command line for abe.sh, and
it'll stop trying.
- rob -
Is there any update for when the TCWG lab will be back online? I was
trying to use ABE for the first time and got the 503 Service Unavailable
message. Is there a way to specify different locations for the source
tarballs in the meantime? I'm hoping to work around the issue if a
timeline is still unknown.
Victor Chong
2015-05-05 14:12:28 UTC
Hi Tim,
Post by Rob Savoye
ABE work without the upstream access to anything.
Try adding '--disable update' to your command line for abe.sh, and
it'll stop trying.
- rob -
Is there any update for when the TCWG lab will be back online? I was
trying to use ABE for the first time and got the 503 Service Unavailable
message. Is there a way to specify different locations for the source
tarballs in the meantime? I'm hoping to work around the issue if a
timeline is still unknown.
We've setup an alternate server for the source tarballs for now. Configure
master with '--with-fileserver=148.251.136.42
--with-remote-snapshots=/snapshots-ref' to use it.