[ACTIVITY] 20th - 24th July
Bernie Ogden
2015-07-24 16:31:40 UTC
Benchmark infrastructure - TCWG-360 [6/10]
* Some user support/bugfixing/bugraising
* Multinode job more or less working (not fully tested)
* Additional restructuring got rid of some more complexity
** Though if my simplifying assumption doesn't hold, I'll have to put it back

Benchmarking 101 presentation [2/10]
* Ran through slides with Ryan & Maxim
* Removed many slides
* Collected up and categorized the removed slides
** Probably will go into future presentation(s)

Misc [2/10]

=Plan=

* Tweak multinode a little more
* Integrate multinode into Jenkins
** To the extent that I'm comfortable with the security
* Read a bit about some benchmarks that aren't SPEC
* Start noise control experiments (may inform presentation)

=Week After Next=

Holiday
Yao Qi
2015-07-24 16:33:22 UTC
# Progress #

* TCWG-806, aarch64 remote debugging multi-arch support. [4/10]
Patches are done. Need to test them and polish them.
Fix various multi-arch issues when --wrapper is used in GDBserver.
Patches are pushed in to mainline.
* TCWG-876 [1/10]
Re-run GDB testsuite with incoming Linaro toolchain release.
Everything looks OK.
* TCWG-860, aarch64 fast tracepoint. [1/10]
Polish the patches, and ready for submission.
* TCWG-757, upstream patch review. [2/10].
* Misc, meeting. [2/10]

# Plan #

* TCWG-806, test patches on different targets, polish patches
and post them for review.

# Absence #

06th Aug - 10th Aug, GNU Tools Cauldron.
11th Aug - 14th Aug, Holiday.
Yao
d***@duaneellis.com
2015-07-24 19:30:31 UTC
* TCWG-806, aarch64 remote debugging multi-arch support. [4/10]
Patches are done. Need to test them and polish them.
Fix various multi-arch issues when --wrapper is used in GDBserver.
Patches are pushed in to mainline.

Could you describe this activity in more detail?
Is the goal here to support mixed aarch32/aarch64 in the same GDB binary
and detect the change at runtime?

Thanks.

-Duane
Yao Qi
2015-07-27 08:12:49 UTC
Post by d***@duaneellis.com
* TCWG-806, aarch64 remote debugging multi-arch support. [4/10]
Patches are done. Need to test them and polish them.
Fix various multi-arch issues when --wrapper is used in GDBserver.
Patches are pushed in to mainline.
Could you describe this activity in more detail?
Is the goal here to support mixed aarch32/aarch64 in the same GDB binary
and detect the change at runtime?
If "mixed aarch32/aarch64" means aarch32 and aarch64 code are mixed
in one single program, answer is no, GDB doesn't support such case in
general.

What I am doing is single aarch64 GDB is able to debug aarch64 and
aarch32 programs. GDB can debug multiple programs in parallel, either
aarch32 or aarch64. Native debugging support was in FSF GDB tree
already https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2015-07/msg00029.html
which means build native aarch64 linux gdb on juno board, and use it to
debug both aarch64 and aarch32 programs on juno board.

TCWG-806 is about remote debugging, which means GDB will connect to
GDBserver, and debug both aarch64 and aarch32 programs. I am working
on this recently.

Does it answer your question?
Yao
Kugan
2015-07-27 06:43:46 UTC
== Progress ==

* Factor conversion out of COND_EXPR - TCWG-849 (5/10)
- Iterated through the review and more testing
* Looked at widening pass and the test-case from Wilco (1/10)

* Misc (2/10)
- Connect slides.
- gcc-patches, gcc-bugs list
- Meetings