[ACTIVITY] 22-26 Feb 2016
Yao Qi
2016-02-26 17:51:07 UTC
# Progress #

* Support range stepping on arm-linux. TCWG-518. [5/10]
Post patch series about "the thread is stepping over breakpoint but
it spawns child thread". The fix is OK but the test case changes are
being reviewed.
The more I test my range stepping patches, the more existing bugs I
find. Looking at the bug "software single step the instruction
branch to self."

* AArch64 linux syscall for record/replay. TCWG-532. [1/10]
Patch is out for review.
* Fix some ARM reverse debugging bugs. TCWG-183. [1/10]
Patch is pushed in. The original implementation wasn't carefully
reviewed, so I am sure there are bugs somewhere else.

* Patch review on arm tracepoint support. [1/10]
One patch is approved but I insist that another patch should be done
in generic part instead of ARM specific part, but the author wants do
it in ARM specific part because he things it is simpler.

* Misc [2/10]
** Go through the Linux kernel awareness GDB patches quickly, the first
reaction is "split your patch, please".
** Go to London to collect my passport.

# Plan #

* Support range stepping on arm-linux. TCWG-518.
* TCWG-167, TCWG-532.
* Prepare for the Linaro Connect travel.
Yao
Prathamesh Kulkarni
2016-02-28 11:20:38 UTC
== This Week ==
* LTO (6/10)
- TCWG 528:
a) reduced test-case for the case when decl node gets visited multiple times
b) updated patch not to walk artificial record decls (typeinfo
objects) as per Richard's suggestion.
submitted upstream, waiting for review.
- benchmarking: Aarch64 SPEC2006-int benchmarks complete
- looked at pr57703
- Slides

* setting up perf on chromebook (2/10)
- perf doc
- got perf running on chromebook by manually building it and set of
(clumsy) workarounds.
- perf annotate shows no output and perf stat shows "not supported" for almost
all entires except "page faults"
- will give a try to dual boot chrubuntu on chromebook

* half-day sick leave (1/10)
- doctor's appointment for eye inflammation

* Misc (1/10)
- Meetings

== Next Week ==
- LTO
- tcwg-310
- look at jenkins tutorial in collaborate wiki