[ACTIVITY] 27 June - 1 July 2016
Diana Picus
2016-07-01 17:35:20 UTC
== Progress ==

* ARM: Do not test for CPUs, use SubtargetFeatures [TCWG-623] [4/10]
- Committed another patch upstream, 3 more in review

* ARM: Different ABI functions based on optimization level [TCWG-669] [3/10]
- Make sure we're ABI-compliant at -O0
- Patch in upstream review, need to fix a few things

* List of active environments with llvm-env [TCWG-640] [1/10]
- Committed internally

* Refactor SelectionDAGBuilder::visitInlineAsm [TCWG-643] [1/10]
- In progress (trying to break it up into a few helper functions)

* PR26038 - inline assembly assertion building ARM linux kernel
[TCWG-590] [1/10]
- Started investigating

== Plan ==

* Address any review comments for TCWG-623 and TCWG-669
* Submit patches for TCWG-643 and TCWG-590
Peter Smith
2016-07-01 17:56:52 UTC
== Progress ==

TCWG-653 ARM/Thumb interworking veneers

Have completed an implementation, now in upstream review. Had initial
set of comments and posted an update. Likely to take several
iterations before commit

TCWG-612 ARM TLS support in LLD

Made a start. Looks to be more straightforward the interworking
thunks, should just be grunt-work to get done.

Updated lld slides on llvm sprint presentation.

== Plan ==
TCWG-653 and TCWG-612.
Prathamesh Kulkarni
2016-07-03 14:29:14 UTC
== This Week ==

* LTO (6/10)
a) TCWG-548 (2/10)
- Tweaked algorithm, which shows some improvements in reducing external
references
b) TCWG-666 (4/10)
- Had a look at bitwise-ccp
- WIP prototype patch

* Benchmarking (1/10)
- Got results for linaro-gcc-6 for coremark-pro for arm-linux-gnueabihf

* Sick Leave (2/10)

* Misc (1/10)
- Pinged for reviewing patches for TCWG-665 and TCWG-72
- Meetings

== Next Week ==
- Address upstream reviews for TCWG-665
- TCWG-666: Continue with prototype patch.
- TCWG-548: Submit upstream for feedback.
- Benchmarking: Get results for coremark-pro for aarch64-linux-gnu.
Yao Qi
2016-07-04 09:13:26 UTC
# Progress #

* TCWG-655, Workaround ARM linux kernel ptrace bug on setting VFP
registers. [2/10]
Think about different approaches to workaround the kernel bug, but
can't work unfortunately. Propose an approach that workaround it in
gdb testing by setting affinity if the kernel is known broken.
People agree on this.

* TCWG-333, Thumb mode function pointer assignment in GDB. [3/10]
It is broken when you assign a function to a function pointer in
thumb mode in GDB. My original attempt is to skip the test, because
it is difficult to do what MIPS does nowadays. After some
discussions, I realize it is a GDB bug, and we should fix it.
Fortunately it is broken on ppc64 as well because of function
descriptor :)

* TCWG-518, ARM range stepping patches. [2/10]
V3 are reviewed, but I misunderstood one comments to V2. I'll update
patches, retest and post them.

* ARM linux kernel raises SIGILL for unknown syscall number, while GDB
expects kernel returns -ENOSYS. [2/10]
The behaviour is different from other arch. The patch in GDB side is
committed, but still need to kernel people why ARM kernel behaves
this way.

* Misc [1/10]

# Plan #

* All above,