[ACTIVITY] 18-22 July 2016
Diana Picus
2016-07-22 13:56:08 UTC
== Progress ==

* ARM: Different ABI functions based on optimization level [TCWG-669]
- Patch committed upstream

* PR26038 - inline assembly assertion building ARM linux kernel
[TCWG-590] [2/10]
- Patch committed upstream

* PR24234 - [AArch64] error in backend: fixup value out of range
[TCWG-681] [5/10]
- Started investigating

* AArch64 Bugzilla scrub [2/10]
- Closed a couple of bugs that couldn't be reproduced
- Added a few interesting bugs to TCWG-678

* Minor updates to the helper scripts [TCWG-630, TCWG-649] [1/10]

== Plan ==
* PR24234 - [AArch64] error in backend: fixup value out of range [TCWG-681]
- Looks like a tough one :)
Peter Smith
2016-07-22 16:26:33 UTC
== Progress ==

TCWG-680 Some analysis on what non-compiler support would be required
for an llvm based EBC (UEFI) toolchain.

TCWG-612 ARM TLS support in LLD: Initial support and tests for
standard model upstreamed. There is still some work to be done for
corner cases where LLD's relaxations will cause assertion failures.
Static linking also needs some work as the TLS module index needs to
be written into the GOT without a dynamic relocation. I have a
prototype fix that needs cleaning up and tests written.

Did some experiments with static linking and TLS to work out what I'll
need to look at next. Discovered GNU ifunc support when static linking
is not working.

Did some thinking about what would be needed to support C++ exceptions
in LLD for ARM. This is probably the next major chunk of work as
supporting exceptions is needed when static linking against the C
library startup code.

== Plans ==
Plans for next 4 weeks:

On Sabbatical back on the 22nd August. Will probably have limited
access to email if there is anything urgent.

Peter
Yao Qi
2016-07-22 16:33:05 UTC
# Progress #

* TCWG-518, ARM range stepping patches. [2/10]
The last one is approved, and all patches are committed! Need to
enable range stepping and collect the performance data. Range
stepping should speed up remote debugging.

* TCWG-655, Workaround ARM linux kernel ptrace bug on setting VFP
registers. No response from upstreams.

* TCWG-333, Thumb mode function pointer assignment in GDB. [3/10]
Try a different approach, still causes regressions. I'll ask upstream
how to do it.

* TCWG-547, Change software_single_step interface to return a vector of
address. [4/10].
Patches are done, but need to figure out how to hook them together.

* TCWG-685, GDB 7.12 release. [1/10]
The release will be in Sep, and hopefully it can be done before the
Linaro Connect. Discuss on how/when to pick up 7.12 in Linaro
toolchain release. I am inclined to upgrade GDB in linaro release
from 7.11 to 7.12 in fall or winter.

# Plan #

* Off on Tue and Wed.
* GDB 7.12 release testing for ARM and AArch64.
* US visa application.
Yao
kugan
2016-07-25 01:16:00 UTC
== Progress ==

* IPA VRP and Early VRP
- Posted patch series and revised based on review
- Few patches are accepted; others are waiting for re-review

* Tree VRP
- Converted to use allocpool

* Committed upstream tree-reassoc patch for missed optimization due to
factoring out CONVERT_EXPR in phiopt.

== Plan ==
- Follow upon remaining upstream patches
- IPA VRP