[ACTIVITY] 8 - 12 May 2017
Diana Picus
2017-05-12 19:57:39 UTC
== Progress ==

* Remove environment variables [TCWG-1114] [1/10]
- Committed

* [ARM GlobalISel] TableGen ISel for ADD/SUB [TCWG-1119] [5/10]
- Committed a change to the legalizer so that we widen narrow
operations (since we only have patterns for the 32-bit versions)
- Committed support for G_ANYEXT, which is introduced by the
legalizer while widening things and which we need to handle in the
rest of the pipeline
- Have a patch in upstream review fixing a TableGen bug

* [GlobalISel] AArch64 test-suite and self-host [TCWG-1074] [2/10]
- Ran the test-suite and self-host on AArch64 for GlobalISel -O0
- Committed a tiny fix for a test-suite application that was failing
because GlobalISel doesn't lower fabs to hardware operations, so we
had to link with -lm

* Misc [2/10]
- Buildbots (reverted stuff), meetings, mailing lists
- Helped organize another LLVM social in Stockholm; we got really
good feedback so far

== Plan ==

* [ARM GlobalISel] Add support for struct / array args [TCWG-1033]
* Other GlobalISel stuff
* Probably wrap up TCWG-1074, we're really close to making the switch
Prathamesh Kulkarni
2017-05-14 20:30:47 UTC
== This Week ==

* PR77644 (2/10)
- Committed to trunk

* PR78736 (1/10)
- Upstream reviews

* PR80613 (1/10)
- Committed to trunk

* TCWG-1005 (1/10)
- Looking how to handle indirect calls

* Sick leave (4/10)
- Eye infection

* Misc (1/10)
- Meetings

== Next Week ==
- TCWG-1005, TCWG-1129, gcc bugs
Peter Smith
2017-05-15 08:31:24 UTC
Achievements:

Spent all week on investigating a potential problem with the Gold
--fix-cortex-a53-843419 erratum fix (The ADRP on 0xff8/0xffc boundary)
- Managed to reproduce with a smaller example, although still using LTO
- Diagnosed the cause of object with errata stubs being relocated
after the stub table has been relocated
-- Most likely to hit LTO as the object from the LTO plugin will
always be last in the task queue, but the stub table is relocated when
the object that "owns" it is relocated, this is often not the LTO
object.
-- In theory it should be reproducible without LTO and a linker script
-- Workaround for LTO is to create an Output Section just for LTO (The
stub table is always owned by the LTO object)

Plans for next week:
- See if I can reproduce Gold errata problem without LTO
- Report Gold errata problem upstream
- Get back to LLD range thunk work
- Investigate SBREL32 relocation support in LLD, upstream PR32924
- Look at fixing missing Thumb2 modified immediate fixup PR28647