[ACTIVITY] 25 - 29 April 2016
Yao Qi
2016-04-29 16:46:05 UTC
# Progress #

* TCWG-518, range stepping on arm-linux. Rebase my patches, and choose
a different approach which is better. However, GDBserver crashes in
some cases, and I am investigating the crash. [5/10]

* TCWG-547, make some progress on the upstream discussion. We agree to
do it in a cleaner way but some GDB internal interface needs some
changes. [2/10]

* Read some articles about exception handling, this one is quite useful,
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-07/msg00391.html [1/10]

* Meeting, upstream patch review. [2/10]

# Plan #

* TCWG-518, TCWG-547
Yao
Peter Smith
2016-04-29 17:37:57 UTC
# Progress #

* TCWG-466, ADRL pseudo instruction support in integrated assembler. I
couldn't find a way of putting ADRL into the assembler in a
maintainable way. Managed to work out a pretty close approximation of
ADRL in a macro so I added it to upstream PR. Put the results of the
my investigations into TCWG-466. Agreed with Renato's initial
diagnosis of won't fix.

* TCWG-468, Transform LDR rn, =expr pseudo instruction into MOV. I'm
more hopeful with this one. I've got a prototype that delays the
emission of the constant pool entry to a point where the
transformation can occur.

* Try out the build and push scripts. Had a frustrating day of chasing
down missing dependencies from my Ubuntu 12.04 machine while building
lldb. Should be resolved now.

# Plan #
* UK national holiday on Monday.

* Continue with TCWG-468. I've got a tablegen prototype that treats
LDR rd,= as a real pseudo instruction. Need to finish Thumb and
Thumb2. Next step after that is to do the transformation to MOV.

* Will spend any other time investigating LLD