[ACTIVITY] 28 Nov -- 02 Dec
Yao Qi
2016-12-02 17:47:04 UTC
~ Progress ~

* TCWG-965, Investigate doing unit tests in GDB. [3/10] Done.
The first unit test to AArch64 prologue analyser is pushed. The unit
test is running on GDB buildbot on different hosts (x86, s390, etc).
The patch review takes a while because it is my first patch written in
C++11. Need some unit tests to ARM prologue analyser too.

* TCWG-416, Improve GDB performance in remote debugging. [4/10]
Use code cache in AAarch64 prologue analysis, and it is improved from
10s to 3s!

* TCWG-333, Fix gdb.base/func-ptrs.exp fails in thumb mode. [1/10]
Preparatory patches are committed. Think about the next step. I have
to change expression evaluation in GDB.

* Misc, [2/10]
** Upstream patches review. Reviewed OpenRISC and FreeBSD/mips
patches.
** GDB linux kernel awareness discussion.
GDB is unable to access kernel memory when program stops in user
space (by ctrl-c). Discussed some ways to avoid teaching GDB setting
MMU.
** Some input and discussion on SVE.

~ Plan ~

* TCWG-964, more unit tests on ARM prologue analyser,
* TCWG-416, measure performance improvement with -fstack-protector
on ARM (with both -marm and -mthumb).
* TCWG-333,
--
Yao Qi