[ACTIVITY] Week ending 17 Jun 2018
Richard Henderson
2018-06-17 04:34:11 UTC
Progress:

[VIRT-198 # QEMU: SVE Emulation Support ]

Another round of patches merged. About 25 remaing.

Implemented MOVPRFX, for which I had plans but forgot to actually
implement. Discovered that the advance planning that I have added
for this isn't really sufficient. For the purposes of initial
upstreaming, I'll emulate them as plain moves.
Thank you so much for the quick resolution.
I have run successfully 466 tests of the OpenBLAS benchmark suite on
the branch tag of Qemu you sent me, with SVE instructions compiled
from C using ARM Compiler and Gnu linker.
All pass without any failure.
Did not verify functional correctness, just that all instructions
are run by your Qemu branch in user mode and Qemu completes the job
without a crash.
[Upstream]

Third iteration on splitting do_syscall.
Patch review; pull request for Cota's tb_lock patch set.
Tracked down a TB offset overflow affecting a softmmu NEON test case.

[GCC]

Sent some patches for MOVPRFX to Richard Sandiford. He offered to
test them over the weekend before posting them to gcc-patches.