[ACTIVITY] 27-31 March 2017
Christophe Lyon
2017-03-31 16:04:07 UTC
== Progress ==
* Validation
- helped with new llvm build scripts and jobs
- improvements to container scripts to cope with llvm's higher needs
in resources
- improved tcwg-regression tests
- various to remove dependencies on env variables
- comparison script now reports the associated .exp file name,
making it easier to reproduce a regression
- experimented with lava
- started work on benchmarking scripts

* GCC
- keeping an eye on trunk regressions
- update to qemu-2.8.0 introduced regressions in validation for
armeb on some atomic tests

* misc (conf-calls, meetings, emails, ....)

== Next ==
- hopefully nothing :)
* Benchmarking:scripting
Peter Smith
2017-03-31 17:04:41 UTC
[Eurollvm]
Attended, we have recorded our thoughts in EuroLLVM 2017 Recap doc

[TCWG-614] Range extension thunks
- I've finished my downstream implementation, and have written almost
all the lld tests I'd like to write
- Still need to test on real large programs such as libclang.so
- Made a start at breaking down the implementation into smaller
patches that can be sensibly upstreamed

Plans for next week
[TCWG-614]
- Aiming to start upstreaming on Monday, I'm expecting this to be
quite a drawn out process
- Continue testing on ARM Linux

Planned Absences
ACCU conference 2017 27-29 April
Yao Qi
2017-04-02 20:53:37 UTC
~ Progress ~

* TCWG-1050, GDB 8.0 release. [7/10]
** Fix PR 19942, but looks my patch is completely wrong as I fully
misunderstood the "reference count" in GDB. Writing the v2.
** Intel btrace python interface discussion, a marathon discussion
about both the interface and implementation. Good thing is that we
agree that we need to change the interface. This takes most of my
time this week.

* TCWG-1040, Review SVE patches. [2/10]
Some discussions on avoid copying register contents to a local buffer
again, which is from my review comments to Alan's patch and my
suggested patch. Spend some time on understanding the zero
initialization of union in C++. I'll update my suggested patch.

* Update AArch32 GDB buildbot option, so we can get more reasonable
test result. [1/10]

~ Plan ~

* More remote tests for GDB 8.0 release.
* Fix PR 19942.
* One day off on Thu.
Yao Qi
Prathamesh Kulkarni
2017-04-03 07:28:42 UTC
== This Week ==

* TCWG-1005 (6/10)
- Fixed firefox ICE
- Unfortunately that gives rise to another ICE with ipa-icf pass :(
Investigating if this
caused by the patch or a latent bug in ipa-icf.
- Builds well with chromium

* Validation (1/10)
- abe/extraconfig patches
- backport review