[ACTIVITY] 25 - 29 July 2016
Prathamesh Kulkarni
2016-07-31 20:48:50 UTC
== This Week ==

* LTO (4/10)
a) TCWG-666 (3/10)
- No idea where data corruption happens in ltrans with my patch,
tree value in ipa_bits gets corrupted for some reason.
- Started over with widest_int representing value and mask
- WIP new prototype patch:
http://people.linaro.org/~prathamesh.kulkarni/ipa-bits-0_1.diff

b) TCWG-548 (1/10)
- Benchmarking fails on my chromebook, input/output error,
no idea why.

* TCWG-72 (2/10)
- Rebased patch on trunk, bootstrapped on x86_64, cross tested on arm*-*-*
- Addressed comments from Ramana
- Strange issue with armv8l-unknown-linux-gnu which has hardware div
but produced call to __aeabi_idiv, maybe I screwed sth during the build.
Building from scratch doesn't reproduce the issue and patch does not
regress armv8l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf.

* Misc (4/10)
- PR70920: Fix committed upstream.
- PR71078: Fix committed upstream.
- Committed r238874 to restrict pr70929-4.c for lp64 targets to avoid
fallout caused by the test-case on ilp32 targets.
- Submitted RFC patch to warn for dead calls, rejected due
to potentially false positives.
- WIP patch to fold strlen (s) eq/ne 0 to *s eq/ne 0

== Next Week ==
- Continue with TCWG-72, TCWG-548 and TCWG-666