[ACTIVITY] Week ending 28 Oct 2018
Richard Henderson
2018-10-29 08:26:42 UTC
[VIRT-198 # QEMU: SVE Emulation Support ]

Last of the patches merged to mainline. Epic is now closed.

[VIRT-282 # QEMU: Accelerate TCG with KVM ]

A hallway talk with Paolo lead to a write-up, and Alex encouraged me to create
the epic. The epic description contains a link to the write-up, if anyone is
interested. I'd like to at least create a vm, measure some round-trip costs,
and properly gauge the level of difficulty. Beyond that... we'll see.

[Upstream]

Patch review:
- risc-v decodetree patches v2.
Produced some patches against decodetree itself in response.
I'm hopeful to see a much cleaner v3.
- per-cpu locks

[KVM Forum]

- Unsurprisingly, lots of people worked on speculation mitigation this year.
- Lots of focus on "ram", and the allocation and management thereof.
- Four talks on improving nested virtualization.
- The rest to follow in the trip report.

r~