[ACTIVITY] 18 - 22 April 2016
Prathamesh Kulkarni
2016-04-25 07:28:38 UTC
== This Week ==

* LTO (5/10)
a) Section anchors
- another wasted prototype: http://pastebin.com/5MXFqrZY
- will follow Richard's suggestion to put variable in partition that
references it most, we can make this smarter incrementally if required.
b) Retested patch for lto-max-partition
c) Retested increase_alignment pass patch and wrote test cases for it.

* Validation (2/10)
a) Script to build chromium
- works with armhf (with assumptions about my environment)
- issues with gclient sync failure which in turn does not generate
LASTCHANGE file causing
build to fail.

* Public Holiday (2/10)
- Mahavir Jayanti

* Misc (1/10)
- Meetings

== Next Week ==
- LTO: section anchors, post patches upstream for lto-max-partition
and increase_alignment.
- TCWG-319: Look at why armeb is failing to vectorize test-cases.
Yao Qi
2016-04-25 09:04:39 UTC
# Progress #

* TCWG-545, patches are committed. Done. [3/10]
* TCWG-167, ARM reverse debugging bug fixes. All test fails are
fixed. Done. [2/10].
* PR 19947. The fix is approved, but the patch triggering the bug
needs update. [2/10]

* Help to fix broken ARM GDB after C++ switch. [2/10].
GDB mainline is a C++ program in default. Exception
handling in GDB is broken on non-x86 host (ARM, AArch64, AIX, at
least) because readline (C library) calls C++ GDB code, but exception
unwinding can't cross the C function ("foreign frame"). The problem
is fixed by catching all exceptions before return to readline, and
re-throw them after return from readline back to GDB.

* Misc, [1/10]
** Hack QEMU so that I can run gdb regression testsuite with qemu-arm.

# Plan #

* TCWG-518, rebase patches on mainline, test, and post patches if
nothing wrong.
* PR 19947, TCWG-561,
* TCWG-547
Yao
Omair Javaid
2016-04-26 02:06:04 UTC
== Progress ==

LLDB Chromebook Test Stability [TCWG-563] [3/10]

-- Failures reduced to 15 fails and 4 errors after fixing stepping bug.
-- Investigated remaining issues some of them are known issues and
others will need further investigation.

LLDB ARM Thread Stepping Problem [TCWG-566] [5/10]

-- Problems caused because incorrect reporting of PLT entry size set by linker.
-- Submitted a fix after analysis that logical size of PLT entry
should be greater than 4bytes.
-- Fix accepted and committed upstream.

LLDB Buildbot Setup [TCWG-241] [1/10]

-- Random change in results finally caught. It was due to inconsistent network.
-- Progress halted to fix arm-linux-gnueabihf bugs.

Miscellaneous [1/10]
-- Meetings, emails, discussions etc.

== Plan ==

LLDB Chromebook Test Stability [TCWG-563]

-- Continue to resolve and investigate chromebook test failures.

LLDB Buildbot Setup [TCWG-241]

-- Start AArch64 tester evaluations.