[ACTIVITY] 11 - 15 April 2016
Yao Qi
2016-04-15 16:27:47 UTC
# Progress #

* TCWG-545, 7 patches are approved, and 1 patch needs update, which
needs the change somewhere else. [3/10]
* TCWG-547, patch is pending. Pinged Pedro on IRC, to be reviewed, but
no response.
* TCWG-167, [3/10]. ARM reverse debugging fixes. Post one patch to fix
test case. Testing another patch to give high priority of epilogue
unwinder.
* Upstream patch review, [2/10]. Spend more time on this due to long
patch review backlog. The more I reviewed, the sooner my patches will
be reviewed by others.

* Misc, [2/10]
** Look at the slowness of gdb regression test in jekins validation, but
can't reproduce it.
** Share some knowledge of watchpoint implementation in GDB to the
people, who need the equivalent or similar things in LLDB.

# Plan #

* TCWG-545, TCWG-547, TCWG-167.
Yao
Peter Smith
2016-04-15 17:35:32 UTC
Progress:
- Read up on AARCH64 TLS and LLD code base
- Commented on upstream patch in hope of getting approval from the code-owners
- TCWG-466 Implement ADRL pseudo in LLVM assembler
-- Slow progress as the pseudo instruction does not fit well into the
existing architecture
-- On the positive side I have learned quite a bit about how the LLVM
assembler works
-- Will make a decision next week whether it is worth actively
pursuing TCWG-466. Supporting ADRL is not high priority and whatever
fix I come up with may be difficult to get accepted upstream. I'd
still like to keep trying, at least as a background task, but I think
that there is higher priority work that can be done instead.

Next Week:
On holiday (hopefully added correctly to Linaro google calendar). I'll
be at the ACCU conference.
Omair Javaid
2016-04-18 09:41:29 UTC
== Progress ==

LLDB Buildbot Setup [TCWG-241] [1/10]

-- Created a new factory for LLDB buildbots. Halted plan to migrate
till turning chromebook build green.

LLDB Chromebook Test Stability [TCWG-563] [3/10]

-- Investigated some failures some of them were fixed by a systemZ
support large patch set.
-- Failures reduced to 36 locally with some tweaks. Buildbot still
showing random results.

LLDB ARM Thread Stepping Problem [TCWG-566] [5/10]

-- Only happening on Arm linux targets.
-- Spent good bit of time debugging this issue. There are multiple
problems but root cause is same.
-- Initial investigation reveals frame unwinding issues from .plt section.

Miscellaneous [1/10]
-- Meetings, emails, discussions etc.

== Plan ==

LLDB ARM Thread Stepping Problem [TCWG-566]

-- Further debugging and investigation of this issue.
-- Figure out a fix for stepping problem on arm linux.