[ACTIVITY] 12 - 16 December 2016
Diana Picus
2016-12-16 17:03:34 UTC
== Progress ==

* [ARM GlobalISel] Add support for integers < 32 bits wide [TCWG-980] [4/10]
- A number of patches in upstream review

* [ARM] Refactor AddrMode3 [TCWG-989] [1/10]
- Did some preliminary investigations / tinkering for removing a
hack in the representation of LDRH

* Rewrite llvm-projs in Python [TCWG-833] [2/10]
- More refactoring etc
- It is finally done, yay

* Misc [3/10]
- Address review comments on outstanding patches (committed
TCWG-925, still waiting for TCWG-946)
- AArch64 3.9.1 release [TCWG-886]
- Meetings, mailing lists, code reviews

== Plan ==

* [ARM] Refactor AddrMode3 [TCWG-989]
* FOSDEM slides
* Vacation between December 24th and January 9th.
Peter Smith
2016-12-16 18:45:42 UTC
Progress:

TCWG-985 PIE on ARM broken
- Now fixed

TCWG-911 Eglibc requires a .ARM.attributes section for dlopen
- Worked around this with a simple hack to retain the first build
attribute section seen. This should suffice for the majority of
use-cases on a host platform using the default compiler. More work is
needed later. Now upstreamed.

TCWG-919 Thunks to undefined symbols
- In upstream review, as expected got some push back, I had hoped to
have resolved this on Thursday and committed today, but no response
last night.

PR31332 X86 pic plt sequences broken
- Worked out a fix, but haven't sent upstream due to needing to spend
quite a bit of time writing tests.

Other:
About 3/4 way of writing up AArch64 Ifunc for possible inclusion in
some public facing documentation.

Got a new blank machine from IT with permission to install linux
myself. Have now built myself a 16.04 machine and got my environment
set up.

Planned absences:
- on holiday for two weeks, back on Tuesday 3rd December

Next year:
- Top priority is long range thunks in lld, followed by an ARM lld build bot.