[ACTIVITY] 14 - 18 November 2016
Diana Picus
2016-11-18 17:04:06 UTC
== Progress ==

* Rewrite llvm-projs in Python [TCWG-833] [2/10]
- Reorganized the repo and sent a draft for review to get early feedback

* [ARM GlobalISel] Select add instructions [TCWG-925] [3/10]
- Patch in upstream review

* [ARM GlobalISel] Use CC support for lowering args/return [TCWG-946] [2/10]
- Started investigating the existing support for lowering arguments
and return values for various calling conventions

* Misc [3/10]
- Meetings, mailing lists, buildbot monitoring
- Provided some backtraces and other info for PR30735 (tests hanging
on Xenial)
- Another round of review on TCWG-783 (worktree support in tcwg-release-tools)

== Plan ==

Prathamesh Kulkarni
2016-11-19 14:44:43 UTC
== This Week ==

* PR78319 (2/10)
- After some investigation, it seems issue is with uninit pass rather
than r241915.
- Committed patch to XFAIL the offending test on arm-none-eabi,
after approval from Richard

* PR78154 (2/10)
- Patch iterations based on upstream review.

* PR78153 (2/10)
- Created patch
- Investigating regression for strlenopt-3.c.

* LTO bootstrap error (1/10)
- Trying to reproduce miscompare, but bootstrap fails for me in stage-2 :(

* Public Holiday (2/10)

* Misc (1/10)
- Meetings

== Next Week ==
- Investigate LTO bootstrap issue
- Benchmark single-partition vs balanced partition LTO for section-anchors
- GCC bugs
- ipa-split pass
Peter Smith
2016-11-21 09:48:03 UTC
Progress:

[TCWG-940] LLD test failures on libcxx and libcxxabi
I think this is a latent bug in libunwind's .ARM.exidx table entry
search that happens to be exposed by lld. Will try and make a
reproducer using ld.bfd and report upstream if I'm correct.

[TCWG-901] Investigate LLD as a system linker on ARM
- Found 6 test failures in libcxxabi and 41 test failures in libcxx
tests. I think these are likely to be all related to TCWG-940
- I cannot build working llvm tools from clean using LLD as the
linker. Everything links but the resulting binaries are unstable,
llvm-tablegen is the first to fall over, giving incorrect results.
Other tools segfault when run on certain inputs.

Much rebasing of downstream patches to account for refactoring.
Refactoring will soon be at a point that I can start rewriting the
downstream patches.

Wrote a python script that can glue together the output of
llvm-objdump, llvm-readobj to give me a better view of the plt, got
and exception tables.

Plans for next week:
- Close out TCWG-940, find out what is wrong that is preventing lld
from linking the llvm-tools.
- Rewrite some of my downstream patches using the refactored framework.