[ACTIVITY] 1 - 5 August 2016
Diana Picus
2016-08-05 16:44:15 UTC
== Progress ==

* LLVM 3.9.0 Release for AArch64 [TCWG-696] [3/10]
- Ran the tests on one of our APM boards
- Fixed an issue with some tests that are only supposed to be run
for the x86 target but were accidentally running for other targets too
- Wrote up some release notes for AArch64

* Enable MLx Expansion pass for non-Cortex-A9 targets [TCWG-674] [3/10]
- Did a few runs of the test-suite on one of our chromebooks (Cortex-A15)
- The pass is expanding > 2000 MLx instructions in the test-suite, so it
looks like we can use it for evaluation

* [AArch64] Keep merging consecutive stores in store sequences [TCWG-704] [2/10]
- When merging stores, we always start looking from the end of the store
sequence, and if the last store cannot be merged we stop; we should instead
keep looking through the rest of the sequence to see if we can merge any of
the previous stores
- Working on a fix

* Refactor SelectionDAGBuilder::visitInlineAsm [TCWG-643] [2/10]
- Made it shorter by about 100 LOC; it could still use some cleanup, but I've
sent the patch upstream to get an initial round of feedback

== Plan ==

* LLVM 3.9.0 Release for AArch64 [TCWG-696]
- Wait for the next release candidate

* [AArch64] Keep merging consecutive stores in store sequences [TCWG-704]