[ACTIVITY] 10th -- 14th April
Yao Qi
2017-04-13 16:34:13 UTC
# Progress #

* TCWG-1050, GDB 8.0 release. [4/10]
Release branch is not created, but a lot of C++
patches are posted, and massively change the code even when release
is coming.
** Fix PR 19942, patch v2 is OK. Committed.
** Intel btrace python interface. Intel people posted patches to
adjust the interface as I requested. Reviewing them. They look
much better.

* TCWG-1040, Review SVE patches. [4/10]
SVE patches review. Read Alan's patches and various GDB backends,
like mips, xtensa, and ia64. Feel nervous to approve them because we
have no way testing them. Figure out a unit test to related methods,
and it works well if I build GDB with ASAN. This unit test does find
some existing issues, and patches are posted. In order to make the
test more useful, need to C++-fy regcache, not a small piece of work.

* Upstream reviews [2/10]
** Software single-step on arm-non-eabi. Convince the author that his
patch will break GDB's default behavior, and give some thoughts on
fixing it.
** Propose to deprecate ARM FPA in GDB.
So far, I am not clear what is the "right" process to deprecate
features in GDB. (I know how to deprecate ports and commands).

** Some one complains GDB can't unwind from arm64 kernel irq vector,
which is hand written asm. The fix should be using .cfi directives
to annotate them, however, they want GDB to error out if it can't
unwind. I am suggested to ask in linux-arm-***@lists.infradead.org
about the expected behavior. Will do next week.

# Plan #

* Mon and Tue off.
* Figure out more ways to test code touched by SVE patches. Convert
regcache to class if necessary.
--
Yao Qi