[ACTIVITY] 9-13 May 2016
Peter Smith
2016-05-13 17:39:44 UTC
== Progress ==

- ldr rt,= implementation transform to MOV committed upstream
[TCWG-468] [PR25722]]
-- Thanks to Renato for committing.

- Started looking at what would be needed to port lld to ARM
-- The ELF lld port looks to have a fairly small amount of
architecture specific hooks. Decided that I would learn fastest by
just trying to do an ARM only prototype port to see if I could get
hello world on linux working.
-- spent too much time trying to think about how to best implement the
group relocations for the PLT sequences then remembered that for a
quick prototype I could use larger sequences that didn't need the
relocations.

== Plan ==
- Continue working on an ARM LLD port. Will hopefully have a good idea
of what the scope of work needed is next week.
Diana Picus
2016-05-16 07:56:22 UTC
== Progress ==

* Add a diag handler for llc so it doesn't exit on the first error it
finds [TCWG-592] [5/10]
- Started a discussion about a new diagnostic handler for llc
- Patch accepted upstream, but broke a few things (Renato has
investigated/fixed some of them - thanks)

* Inline assembly constraints support for ARM [TCWG-560] [5/10]
- Patch in upstream review, but should be committed after the new
llc diagnostic is in place (otherwise it's difficult to test it
meaningfully)

== Plan ==

* Add a diag handler for llc so it doesn't exit on the first error it
finds [TCWG-592]
- Fix the remaining issues and get the patch committed again

* Inline assembly constraints support for ARM [TCWG-560]
- Rebase patch and try to get it reviewed

* Investigate exit-on-error on LLC [TCWG-594]
- Track the tests that need the exit-on-error flag with the new
diagnostic handler
Christophe Lyon
2016-05-16 08:58:19 UTC
== Progress ==
* Validation
- cleanup
- reviews
- looked a bit a using docker from Jenkins
- investigating how to select toolchain components versions
depending on the gcc version

* GCC
- Sent Neon intrinsics tests patches.
- trunk timeouts: caused by the libcilkrts merge, which has a bug on
arm. Disabled cilkplus to avoid too much noise in the results.
- reported a couple of regressions/bisects

* Misc (conf-calls, meetings, emails, ....)
- support for M-profile related queries ( multilib etc...)

== Next ==
* Validation
- cleanup
- reviews
- armv8l vs arm
- multiple gcc branches vs other components versions handling

* GCC
- trunk monitoring
- some dev if time permits