Unable to locate libnl library while compiling the wpa supplicant with nl80211 and hostapd mode enable in toolchain gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.05-x86_64
Rohit Kamat
2016-07-12 07:55:45 UTC
Hi Linaro Members,
while I am cross compiling the  wpa supplicant with  toolchain gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf for hostapd and nl80211 mode enabled in menuconfig I am getting linker message ld:cannot find -lnl -3 (libnl) .I tried to locate the libnl libraries but they are not built in.could you please let me know how to enabled libnl in the toolchain.
Thanks
Best Regards --
Best Regards,
Rohit Kamat

CallSend SMSCall from mobileAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
Jim Wilson
2016-07-12 15:22:41 UTC
while I am cross compiling the wpa supplicant with toolchain
gcc-linaro-4.9-2015.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf for hostapd and nl80211
mode enabled in menuconfig I am getting linker message ld:cannot find -lnl
-3 (libnl) .
I tried to locate the libnl libraries but they are not built in.
could you please let me know how to enabled libnl in the toolchain.
The toolchain releases only contain toolchain libraries. For all
other system libraries, you need to get them from the OS running on
the target system.

If you have a working target machine, then the normal process is to
create a sysroot by copying /usr/include, /usr/lib, and /lib from the
target system into a dir on the build machine, and then using the gcc
--sysroot= option to point at it when compiling.

If you don't havee a working target machine, but you are using a
standard OS release like debian or ubuntu, then you can use something
like lxc or schroot+debootstrap with qemu to create a target install
tree on your build machine, and then create the sysroot.

If you are using a linaro OS release, then you can probably just grab
a rootfs tarball, and then use that as your sysroot.

If you are building an OS from scratch, then you will have to build
libnl yourself.

Jim