[ACTIVITY] Week ending 24th May
Peter Smith
2018-05-24 17:01:36 UTC
Half of the week spent investigating identical code folding -icf=safe.
Turns out that upstream have a proposal that is much further along so
shifted focus on to doing as much as I can to help it along.

Found out that for some use cases of AArch64 PIC the small code model
is inappropriate as the code segments may not be 4k aligned. Started
looking into what it would take to implement the tiny code model in
LLVM (supports only small and large at the moment). Built a small
prototype to handle the easiest absolute addressing case, much more
work needed to handle PIC and TLS.

Not a lot of tangible progress, but I think I have learned a bit more
about LLVM.

Planned Absences

- Friday 25th May (holiday).
- Monday 28th May (UK public holiday)