[ACTIVITY] 23rd - 27th March.
Venkataramanan Kumar
2015-03-30 07:29:30 UTC
* ASAN/TSAN run on 42 bit VA Aarch64 (TCWG-634) (6/10)
Sent a patch that enables ASAN tests with 64 bit allocator on
amd-01 (AMD Seattle). All ASAN test passes in LLVM.

But on juno platform 39 bit VA does not have enough memory to map
hence we need to stay on 32 bit allocator.

Discussed with ASAN community and it is been decided to use 32 bit
allocator as default. They are not ok with having a mechanism to
detect VA and swutch allocators based on that.

Started looking at failures on amd-01 (AMD steatle) with 32 bit alloctor.
None of the ASAN tests ran when I switched to 32 bit allocator on amd-01.
Reason there is a spin mutex lock which is waiting for the memory
allocation to complete, but assertion failure makes it to wait
infinitely.

After fixing map range the assertion failure is gone but I keep
getting some failures with 32 bit allocator "on".

Bug869: Continued to look at ABS_EXPR cases (2/10).

* Emails, meetings. (2/10)
* Linaro 1-1 with christophe, Ryan, status meet
* AMD meetings/event, 1-1 with AMD manager, status meeting.
* GCC mailing list.

== Plan ==
*Continue to fix TSAN/ASAN 32bit allocator failures on amd-01 .
* Bug869