[ACTIVITY] week ending 30 Sep 2018
Richard Henderson
2018-10-01 13:40:45 UTC
Progress:

[VIRT-214 # SVE System Registers ]

Posted v2 patch set for eliminating redundancy between
feature bits and id registers.

[VIRT-249 # SVE System Mode ]

Posted v2 patch set, without the system registers included.

[Upstream]

First 3.1 tcg-next pull request.

Spent a day working on Emilo's suggestion to out-line the entire softmmu
load/store operation. I've placed a shed load of small code segments
within the tcg "prologue", which is within a direct call of the entire
code_gen_buffer. Emilio got some performance numbers from that which
look promising. Need to clean up the patch to work with 32-bit and win64.

[GCC]

V1 of my SUSE+ARM inspired -matomic-ool patch set posted. Includes some
significant improvements to atomic operations in the aarch64 backend.
Got some good feedback and am working my way through those.

r~